Great fun to make with the kids – easy to make and always a favourite.
Preparation time: 15 – 20 minutes
60g unsalted butter
3 table spoons golden syrup
1 x 100g bar milk or dark chocolate
90g crisped rice cereal
- Melt the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave (10 seconds at a time, check and stir after each 10 seconds) – be careful not to do it too long as it will burn really quickly!
- Add the butter, cut in to small pieces, stir in ‘til melted
- Add the syrup, stir
- Add the crisped rice cereal and stir gently in to the chocolate mix
- Here’s the fun bit for the kids – form balls from the mixture in your hands and place on a baking tray
- Pop in the fridge to cool
Alternative recipe – replace the rice crispies with cornflakes or any other favourite cereal. Replace to milk/dark chocolate with white chocolate for a change.