Crumbly, gooey, chewy – and easy-peasy to make! What’s not to like about flapjacks? Follow our recipe and you could be munching away within half an hour!
- 250g porridge oats
- 125g brown sugar
- 125g butter
- 2 – 3 tbspns golden syrup (the more the gooier!)
- Heat your oven to 180 (gas mark 4).
- Lightly grease a 18cm square baking tin with butter.
- Place a large pan on a low heat and add the butter; when it begins to melt, stir in the syrup, brown sugar and oats with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Using the back of a metal spoon, press the mixture into the corners and make sure it’s flat and even. Score into 12 smaller squares.
- Place in the oven and bake until golden brown (10 to 20 mins – keep checking).
You can add an extra twist to this recipe by adding chocolate chips, chopped nuts or ginger – or even vary the texture by substituting some of the oats for a handful of cornflakes!
Enjoyed this flapjack recipe? Let us know on our Facebook page!